Bring your Creatures to Life
Dehumaniser 2 is a powerful vocal processor for designing complex vocal sound effects and processing dialogue. Create creatures, monsters, and robots easily and quickly with Dehumaniser 2’s intuitive and modular workflow.
Customise and combine effects modules for unlimited creative possibilities, or get started straight away with 100 ready-to-go presets.
The Industry Standard Vocal Processor
Dehumaniser 2 is the all-in-one solution that puts vital vocal sound design features at your fingertips, making it the ideal plugin for use in film, TV, video games, live performance, and more.
With 10 essential modules, and over 100 impactful presets, renowned sound designers have used Dehumaniser 2 to bring other-worldly characters to life in blockbusters like Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Jungle Book, Far Cry 4, The Conjuring, and Stranger Things.
This versatile vocal processor eliminates the difficulty of setting up complex processing chains, and allows designers to jump right into their creative work.
Use Cases in Sound Design
“Dehumaniser is an incredible tool for creating unique and varied vocal sound design treatments. From animal to alien effects, it is simple to use and easily tailored. I couldn’t have created the voice of Ultron without it!”
– Lora Hirschberg (Oscar Winner / Re-recording Mixer)
Avengers, The Lion King, Inception, Lord of The Rings
Get to Know Dehumaniser 2
Use Dehumaniser 2 to sound design voice processing that reacts to the dynamics of the incoming signal. Watch our walkthrough video as we set up two different chains of processing and allow one to be triggered by a higher amplitude. Try the stereo spread control, add a wider image or to add depth to the sound.
Sound Library of over 100 High Quality Animal Recordings
Trigger these samples based on amplitude, pitch or from a range of audio descriptors, either with a sample trigger module or as part of our scrubbing convolution module. This includes rare and unusual animals like Bengal tiger and black leopard, as recorded by our sound recordist in Thailand.
Drag and drop a selection of sound files from our audio example’s folder to get you started with your sound design. These audio files ship with the plugin are included in the install.
Perform Live Directly in Your Session
- Use Dehumaniser 2 in industry-standard DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic, Reaper, Live, Cubase and Digital Performer
- Run multiple instances of Dehumaniser 2 on different tracks or buses
- Automate hundreds of parameters for unprecedented control over your processing and workflow
Design Complex Processing Systems Quickly and Easily for Unique Sound Design
- Clearly see the layout of audio routings with our modular, node-based system
- Use up to two instances of each node; use multiple pitch shifters, granular processors, spectral or convolution processes or more in complex serial or parallel signal paths
- Create systems and settings which are truly performable
Jam-packed with Inspiring Presets and Sounds to Get You Started
- Our factory library ships with over 100 thrilling presets and 133 high-quality animal recordings, including Tigers, Leopards, Pigs, Parrots and more
- Jump straight into creature design or create your own settings
- Trigger sample sounds based on amplitude, pitch or from a range of audio descriptors
- Create dynamic effects that react to the input signal; create processing engaged by pitch or amplitude settings per node
- Select between peak level, RMS level, energy difference or pitch tracking to bring your signal to life
- Midi control, assign and recall
- Gate, EQ and Limiters per module (including input and output)
- Custom ‘drawer’ macro system per node
- Envelope-follow based on pitch or noise content as well as amplitude, per module in your custom system
“If you’re doing a lot of game audio, working on Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Animation or even Comedy material, this would be money well spent.”
– Pro Tools Expert
- Mac Intel computer with a minimum of 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor
- 4 GB of RAM
- OS X 10.13 or later
- 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor
- 4 GB of RAM
- Windows 10 and above
- Pitch Shifter
- Delay Pitch Shifting
- Noise Generator
- Scrubbing Convolution
- Flanger / Chorus
- Ring Modulation
- Spectral Shifting
- Sample Trigger
- This software is a digital download
- Formats (64-bit): AAX Native/AudioSuite, VST, AU
- Minimum sample rate: 44.1 kHz
- Maximum sample rate: 192 kHz
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation
- Screen resolution of 1280×1024 or higher
- An iLok account (available for free at ilok.com) is required to activate and use both the demo and full version of the software
- Dehumaniser 2 can only be activated on one computer at a time
- An iLok 2 or later is required for dongle use
- Supported host applications: Pro Tools (11 or later), Logic Pro X, Nuendo, Live, Cubase, Reaper, Studio One
Save 30% with a Sound Design Bundle
Krotos Bundle options offer the best value and give you the most flexible, efficient and creative workflows by combining our plugin catalogue with additional Sound Effects libraries at 30% savings. With Dehumaniser 2 available in all tiers, choose a package suitable for your needs and budget.